Thursday, October 28, 2010

Machine Stitched Recycled Christmas Cards

I've started my Christmas card sewing. I found some cute Christmas tree fabric in Cheltenham op shop for $3 back in August, and had to buy it! I had no particular intentions for its use until recently, when I started sewing greetings cards with fabric.


I purchased some recycled blank cards purchased from an etsy seller. I drew a christmas tree and star template freehand, and used those to cut the fabric from. I used some pink silk fabric (leftover from a clothing refashion) as the background for my shapes, used a glue stick to fix in place on the card, and zig-zag stitched onto my blank cards.


By accident, I found out that holding the cards up to the window shows little reflections of light shining through where the needle has stitched the card.. thought that looked cute; it is like flashing lights on a christmas tree, and a twinkling star!


2 comments:

  1. So very clever. I have to give this a go. Thanks for joining in. Perfect timing for the card theme. Have a wonderful weekened. Trace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable as well as brilliant. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete