Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bambi Coasters

This is not a recycled sewing project, but more of a recycled craft project....

Anyone following my other blog will notice a Bambi childrens book I was given for free by a lady in an op shop, because it had pen scribble marks inside.

A few months back I remembered a craft project in Frankie magazine, recovering old cork coasters with vintage childrens books. So that is what I did with this Bambi book, and some coasters I had in my kitchen drawer that really needed a spruce up.


Scissors, PVA glue, mod podge, and sandpaper were used to create my new coasters








Gotta love Bambi! I am going to make some more of these for gifts for Christmas if I can find some second-hand coasters in op-shops before then.

4 comments:

  1. They look amazing.....well done you!
    What an awesome gift.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee! I am really proud of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic - now i'm inspired with some of our "past their best" books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I will have to see if I can get my hands on some mod podge.

    ReplyDelete