Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Laptop Jacket

My little net-book died, which gives me sad face. So I got myself a new laptop, it is a Compaq, and it gives me happy face!

I decided to make Compaq a little protective jacket using denim, green striped fabric, and quilt lining for extra padding. As usual, all materials have been purchased on the thrift. Mum gave me a whole bunch of denim fabric.



I used a magnetic clasp closure (which is the only item on the case which was bought new), and to make the jacket nice and snug, I stitched two black elastic hair ties either side of the top flap, with two buttons to hoop them through at the back. I am able to keep Compaq inside its new jacket whilst it is on charge as the cable fits through the side flap at the top.



These two hair ties close around the buttons at the back so Compaq is all cosy and protected :)




2 comments:

  1. Cute and cozy just like a little compaq should be!

    Thank you so much for posting this upcycle over at The T-Shirt Diaries (http://tinyurl.com/upcycled35).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! The denim looks nice and will be very durable. Thanks for the inspiration too, I need to make one of these for my husband's new laptop.

    ReplyDelete