Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Recycled Paper Roses

Inspired by paper flower bouquets here, here, here, and here.

Surely I could make my own recycle paper flowers? Tapping 'make a paper rose' into Youtube directed me here which gave me confidence to try out my own paper flower project, and here it is.

Materials used

Newspaper
Pink and white giftwrap stored from gift (as seen inside flowers)
Bamboo kebab sticks
Doily, $1 op shop
Blue ribbon stored from previous giftwrap
Rubber band
Sticky tape

Pink and white giftwrap shown on the inside of each newspaper flower, sticky tape to hold flower in place on bamboo stick, rubber band to fix all flower 'stems' in place, doily and blue ribbon for wrap.




I'm thinking next time I'll use some of my damaged children's books to make another bouquet, so next time, I'll blog a complete tutorial.

My first bouquet will be sent to a friend going into hospital at the end of the month.



2 comments: