Monday, October 24, 2011

Zipper brooches with leaves

The zipper brooches have progressed. You'll laugh at this one readers, I found a broken faux-leather wallet by the side of the road, yep, in hard rubbish!

I thought about fixing it up, but really, it wasn't worth the effort, so instead, I've started cutting little leaf shapes, and using a seam ripper (the sharp bit) I score leaf veins into the vinyl.

Vinyl wallet before cutting into leaves

http://www.dimensionsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Seam-Ripper.jpg
Seam ripper for scoring leaf veins into vinyl leaves





I'm starting to sell my brooches on Recycled Market, a brand new site that launched yesterday.

Do you make recycled goods too? If so, registration and listing your products on Recycled Market, is free.

3 comments:

  1. Wowowwow! They look amazing! I wasn't sure where you were going with the zip thing, but when i saw the finished product - so clever! I had an el-cheapo pair of brogues that were falling apart so I cut off the sole and kept the top part of the shoe...No idea what I'll use them for though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the mix of masculine(metal) & feminine (flowers). Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete